Geneva Healthcare is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse with proven experience as a perioperative nurse across a range of specialties.
- Provide surgical patient care by assessing, planning, and implementing the nursing care patients receive before, during and after surgery.
- Patient assessment, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe surgical environment, pre- and post-operative patient education, monitoring the patient’s physical and emotional well-being, and integrating and coordinating patient care throughout the surgical care continuum.
During surgery, you may assume any of the following responsibilities:
- Scrub nurse – works directly with the surgeon within the sterile field by passing instruments, sponges, and other items needed during the surgical procedure.
- Circulating nurse – works outside the sterile field. Responsible for managing the nursing care within the O.R. by observing the surgical team from a broad perspective and assisting the team in creating and maintaining a safe, comfortable environment.
- RN First Assistant – after completing extensive additional education and training to deliver direct surgical care, the RN First Assistant may directly assist the surgeon by controlling bleeding and by providing wound exposure and suturing during the actual procedure.
- Relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia;
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration;
- Minimum of 5 years perioperative experience as a Registered Nurse with extensive experience and demonstrated competence in theatre nursing;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required;
- Ability to positively influence the performance and professional development of others;
- Ability to plan and coordinate patient care;
- Leadership and mentoring skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to implement initiatives;
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice;
- Commitment to customer service and Quality/ Continuous Improvement
- Post graduate qualifications in Perioperative specialties;
- Computer literacy
To register your expressions of interest in this role please click below. Alternatively you can contact Brendon Johnston;
(NZ) 0800 900 801
(UK) 0800 404 7591
(AU) 1800 123 900