We are currently looking for a new DON to oversee 2 sites, and a staff compliment of 20. They are both day clinic’s and some flexibility around work life balance for the right candidate. In this position you will report to the Medical Director and will Liaise with the Quality Consultant, External Regulatory Health Authorities, Credentialed VMO’s, and the Equipment Sales and Service personnel.
This is a crucial role in the development and implementation of the Quality Management Systems to meet the requirements of ACHS and the National Safety and Quality health services and Standards. You will ensure the organisation is managed according to current standards and will meet all statuary requirements. As the Director of Nursing you will develop work ethics, standards of practice to achieve clinical excellence and maintain the high reputation of the centres.
- Division One Registered Nurse.
- Current Registration and indemnity insurance.
- Director of Nursing or extensive Senior Health Management experience.
- Recent experience in a private Day hospital.
- Demonstrated Leadership Abilities.
- Prior experience in the delivery of process improvement projects.
- Prior experience in the management of a quality system in relation to a Day Hospital.
- Ability to review and document processes to ensure efficacy and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer focus.
- Approachable and friendly, with a discreet professional approach.
- Problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Quality Management System.
- Assist in the development, implementation, training and internal auditing of the QMS and assessment against the NSQHSS.
- Risk management.
- Health and safety Inspections.
- You will be required to ensure that the standards for infection prevention and control practice are adhered to.
- Together with the QC and Medical Director you will coordinate the priorities of the organization working with the Executive Management to set the strategic direction of the service.
- Policy and regulation implementation.
- Compile and analyse statistical data.
- Evaluate and action quality system conformity.
- Provide technical advice to organizations regarding quality problems.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Work with staff to implement Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain and sustain comprehensive and continuous Staff Health and Well Being Services.
- Provide Orientation and Training Programs.
- Ensure that the organisation meets the Requirements of all Statutory and Legislative guidelines.
- With the MD you will manage the capital expenditure equipment and instrumentation procurement.
- Diploma of Quality Management or similar.
- A tertiary qualification in administration and/or Business management.
- Recent extensive endoscopy or general surgical experience.
If you are thinking of a change or looking for a new challenge please Apply below, alternatively call Ramona on +64 21 138 4380 for a confidential chat. Or reach out via an email