Information for Overseas Job Applicants

If you are from overseas, Australia is a great place to consider to live and work. It has a lifestyle that is the envy of other countries and Australian salaries and benefits are very good.

If you were trained in an English speaking country or some European countries, you will find that you are able to register for practice as a health professional in Australia relatively easily. If English is not your first language you may need to sit an approved English language test.

For others, you may need to complete an overseas health professionals programme in Australia before you are eligible to work in Australia which would be at your own expense and requires obtaining a temporary visa – Geneva Healthcare does not assist with these programmes and we recommend contacting AHPRA for further information:

For those who live and work in New Zealand it is a simple matter of transferring your current licence to practice under Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition due to reciprocal agreements between Australia and New Zealand. And if you are a New Zealand citizen then you don’t even need a visa to work in Australia